Saturday, November 5, 2011

First snow ... first Saturday morning swim

This morning, Kelly and Jessica met me at the pool for some Saturday morning swimming. I don't usually swim on Saturdays, but Kelly wanted Jessica to get some more pool time in preparation for our sprint triathlon in two weeks, so I gave it a go.

I woke up to this outside my house this morning. Ugh....
However, when I woke up, there was snow on the ground. SNOW! Damn it. I didn't realize it was that time of year already. At least there was none on the roads. Snow is so much more enjoyable when you don't have to drive in it.

Anyway, since I normally don't swim four times a week, I considered today to be bonus yards, although it gave me a chance to make up some missed yards from yesterday's swim when I worked on my stroke.

Once again, I didn't do any specific sets, but I did have fun watching Kelly try to teach Jessica how to swim. She was doing surprisingly well for a newbie. Once lap swim ended, we all went upstairs to run and lift weights. I ran 1.8 miles with another hill incline at the end and then did some serious calisthenics. Crunches, pull-ups, push-ups, mountain climbers, Arnolds, bicep curls, lateral lifts, planks, swimmers, etc...

Nice little Saturday workout....

Total distance: 0.57 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment