Thursday, May 16, 2013

Not so fast, Cowboy!

I was looking forward to swim class all morning and it was totally justified. When I showed up, there were workouts waiting for us on the board, broken down into high, medium and low. I chose "high" and this is what it was.

The first part of today's workout.
It wasn't easy, but as I was plugging through it, Pepper, my instructor, stopped me and asked how far I was. I told her I was just about to start my IM set and she replied with, "Dang! OK, I'm going to add more for you." While it was a confidence boost, she certainly added enough that it completely wiped me out once I finished. Here's what she added for me and a couple of others.

The revised version. AKA the tougher version.
In the end, I was pretty tired. It was by far, the most vigorous workout we've done since the class started. It even included a two-minute treading water drill with no hands and that was brutal. Now, I won't feel too guilty about taking it easy on the stationary bike later today.

Total distance: 1,700 yards

No comments:

Post a Comment