Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Jello arms

When I walked onto the pool deck for class this morning, Pepper had a big grin on her face. I'm always the first one out there and with nobody else around, she just grinned wider, and in true Ivan Drago fashion said, "I'm gonna break you today."


Indeed she did. Right off the bat, she had me doing full kick sets and butterfly. She followed that up with sprint sets, broken up by push-ups after every 25-yard sprint. I wasn't even 500 yards into the morning workout and my arms felt like total mush. In the end, though I ran out of time before I could finish the full set on the board. I went hard the entire time, so I don't feel too bad. With no working arms to speak of, it forced me to focus on a powerful kick. That was difficult, too, as I ran for an hour last night, so my legs were a bit sore.

Yikes!

Total distance: 1,450 yards

No comments:

Post a Comment