Thursday, May 30, 2013

Competitive streak

Today's swim class was fun. I mean, they are always fun, but this one was particularly enjoyable. The first few weeks of class have definitely been challenging, but most of the swimmers are new, so I'm almost always way out ahead of everyone else during the sets. It can get mundane. However, Patrick, the guy I usually share a lane with, is vastly improving. Today, we had a bunch of sprint sets with fins. Patrick is a cyclist, so whenever we do kick drills, he's a beast. Since we had a bunch of them this morning, him and I were going at it throughout our sets, and it was a blast. It's kind of nice to have a solid athlete in the lane with me as he keeps me motivated to really push myself and not slack off. I think we both were feeding off eachother's competitive streak.

That being said, he didn't quite beat me during any of our drills. ;) Maybe next time, son...

Total distance, 1,300 yards swimming

No comments:

Post a Comment