Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Kick drills still kicking ... my ass that is

Today was the second day of swim class. My shoulder has been bothering me a little more than the usual ever since last Thursday, but fortunately, today's class was focused around technique and kicking. We did some work with kick boards and fins before incorporating some easy pull with fins, which was perfect. I didn't log a ton of yards, but that's just fine with me. I pushed myself hard during our drills, so I'm glad I got a metabolism boost for the remainder of the day. The class was small today, too, so it was nice to have entire half-lane to myself with no circle swim. However, my legs are still hurting. That was more kicking than I'm used to.

Warm up
150 kick
Core
150 kick drills (sprints of 25)
200 pull drills
Cool down
200 breast

Total distance: 750 yards swimming

No comments:

Post a Comment