Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Battling the cold

The last two weeks have been bone-chilling cold outside. This is easily the coldest period I can remember since moving to Utah about 14 years ago. Although I've been keeping the house nice and warm, I still have a difficult time keeping my feet warm, because they have very poor circulation. Anyway, I'm glad I've been getting some use out of the warm workout clothing I purchased before the Turkey Tri last November, because they've been serving me well at the gym lately. It's still kind of cold in there, too.
Just after I got home from Planet Fitness today. As cheesy as I think these things are, my track suit has kept me warm during the past two weeks at the gym.

Today, I did a moderate 30-minute ride on the stationary bike while watching ESPN. My workouts fly by when I have a TV screen in front of me, which is a huge asset. I followed it up with some weight work on my arms and chest, which I've neglected a bit during the past week.

Total distance: 9.5 miles cycling

No comments:

Post a Comment