Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Left it all on the floor

Working in sports journalism, one of the biggest cliches I hear from players and coaches at all levels and in all sports is, "We left it all on the (insert field, court, ice, etc.)." Well, today, I'm going to join the club and state that I left it all on the floor at the gym. I did a full round of circuit training and pushed myself to full muscle failure in the process. Don't be alarmed, muscle failure is a good thing. I pushed all my muscle groups on the machines and in my cardio to the point of utter exhaustion. You know, that point where you just want to roll over and lie there, because your muscles will not work for a little while. That's the beauty of the circuit training. It can be as difficult as you make it and I really went all out today. The ladies filling in the stations following me probably thought I was crazy, because I was huffing, puffing and sweating like a mad man. Good stuff. Now hopefully I won't be in too much pain in the morning. I certainly left it all on the floor, though.

Total distance: 30 minutes of circuit training

No comments:

Post a Comment