Sunday, February 17, 2013

Weekly update

Since starting my new job, it's become a bit harder to find time to update my workout blog. When I find the time to exercise, I completely forget about it by the time I come home. I'm going to do my best to keep updating, but I might just do what I'm doing today, and do weekly blogs that recap my exercise for the week.

I went to the gym on Wednesday, Friday and today. On Wednesday, I did a 30-minute run on speed intervals, going 5.5 mph for 2 minutes followed by 7.0 mph for a full minute. I logged exactly three miles doing so and followed it up with some biceps/triceps work using nothing but my own body weight, so no dumbbells this time. On Friday, I went for the same thing (speed intervals), but this time on the stationary bike. I ended up setting a new 30-minute personal best of 9.35 miles (old record was 9.30).

Today, it was the first time I've tried going to Planet Fitness on a Sunday morning and to my surprise, there were quite a few people there. Not so swamped that I couldn't find a machine, though. I planned on doing another 30-minute run, but after a mile, my shins were starting to throb, so I stopped right away. I spent the rest of my hour doing hip-strengthening and some light ab work.

Not a terrible week, but I still need to do better.

Total distance: 4 miles running, 9.35 miles cycling

No comments:

Post a Comment