Thursday, February 7, 2013

Lungs on fire

Today was my first day back doing dryland training for about three weeks and I paid dearly for it. I stuck with something simple, riding the stationary bike for 30 minutes, but I made sure to turn it into interval training, much like I did at the pool earlier this week.
First photo taken of the stationary bike at Planet Fitness. I normally capture my workout stats via picture on the bike at the Roy Rec Center.
I rode for three minutes on level 10, cranked it up to level 15 for a full minute (sprint) and repeated for a full 30 minutes. And the last couple of one-minute sprints had my lungs burning like I hadn't worked out in years. It's amazing how quickly you lose stamina after just a few weeks off. I finished up with some easy weightlifting on my arms and chest.

I start my new job on Monday and with it comes full access to Weber State's gym on campus, which happens to be right across the street from where my new office will be. So, I'm going to try that out next week and see how I like it. I've grown fond of Planet Fitness and its hours right near my house, so I'll have to weigh the pros and cons of each and go from there.

Total distance: 8.97 miles cycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment