Saturday, December 22, 2012

First December swim

It took a while, but I finally mustered the guts to go for a swim this month. I've been scared to do so, given the delicate state of my shoulder, but Kelly and Jessica really wanted to go, so that was enough to talk me into it. The two of them are having a little competition called the "Iron Santa" this month, where they each want to do a full Iron Man during the month, which is something like 180 miles cycling, 26 miles running and 2.5 miles swimming. Neither of them had logged any pool time so they joined me at the Roy Rec Center.
Fuzzy photo at the pool. I'd make a poor surgeon with my shaky hands.
We actually went yesterday, but it was Zack's wedding later that day, so I didn't have time to blog about our workout. I just did a simple ladder set, throwing in 50 yards of breaststroke for every 100 yards of freestyle. Didn't want to overdo it.

Warm up
200 free
Core
Ladder set 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 350
Cool down
400 free and breast easy

My shoulder didn't hurt at all after, which is a good sign. I'd like to squeeze in at least one more swim before the end of the year.

Total distance: 2,000 yards

No comments:

Post a Comment