Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Circuit training

I did my first session of circuit training today. It was tough, but not so much that I felt like vomiting. I suppose that's what I was most afraid of. Here's the gist of how it works.
The circuit training section at the gym
1 minute intense cardio (jumping jacks, high knees, running in place, mountain climbers, etc.)
30 second rest
1 minute weight training
30 second rest
Repeat through all 20 stations (10 cardio & 10 weight)

There is a light on the wall that alternates between green and red to set your pace. It really gives you a full-body workout, mixing cardio and weight training. You really get an upper body and lower body mixture of exercises. There are even two ab stations in the mix.

Anyway, it's not a gigantic workout, but something nice I can throw into the mix once or twice a week to supplement everything else I do.

Total distance: N/A (30 minutes of circuit training)

No comments:

Post a Comment