Thursday, August 9, 2012

Break from rest

I haven't worked out at all since last Friday, trying to let my body rest up, recover and taper for Bear Lake next Saturday. Today I went to the gym just to get my heart rate up a bit and warm up my muscles.
I kept it short and sweet, riding 20 minutes on the bike and then doing a quick one-mile sprint on the treadmill. I followed it up with some light weight work on my legs and arms, doing nothing that would put strain on my shoulders. No ab work today, though. Maybe tomorrow.

I was particularly inspired today knowing Gords was in the middle of crossing the English Channel, even as I type. He's kicking ass so far, well on his way to accomplishing the monumental feat. You can track his progress here. http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=08lOCEPFE797pCPfsKG2qcDWn6FPhNKBE. Also, I watched the finish of the women's open-water marathon at the Olympics on the TV while on the treadmill. Exciting stuff. I'm so amped for Bear Lake, even if it surely will hurt like hell.

Total distance: 5.65 miles cycling, 1 mile running

No comments:

Post a Comment