Friday, July 5, 2013

Weber State Masters

Today I did my first swim with the Weber State Masters team. I plan on joining their team in the fall, but for the remainder of the summer, I'm going to stick with my swim class workouts.
I let my U.S. Masters Swimming membership expire this year and I was previously registered as "unattached," being that I wasn't affiliated with any particular team. Josh, Chad, Gords and Goody have since started the Salt Lake Open Water team (ironically dubbed SLOW), and in years past I would have definitely been a member with that squad. However, since I now work for Weber State, I swim there regularly and I'm not doing much open water training in the near future, I figured the most appropriate option would be to join the new masters club at my alma mater. I'm excited to train with them regularly and compete in the South Davis Recreation Center meet in November, which I missed out on last year.

Anyway, here is the swim I logged with them this morning.

Warm up
3 x 100 freestyle
2 x 100 your choice (breast)

Main set
6 x 100 freestyle (50 drill, 50 sprint)
1 x 400 IM kick (w/fins)
5 x 100 choice sprint (rest :30)

Cooldown
2 x 200 your choice (free then breast)

Total distance: 2,400 yards swimming

No comments:

Post a Comment