Thursday, June 6, 2013

Backstroke day

Let me start off by stating that I love backstroke. I was never allowed to swim it as much as I wanted while on the team in high school, so I relish any opportunity to swim a few 100 yards with it. But, I'm not terribly good at it, and it was obvious with today's swim class.

Pepper gave me some good pointers on my head placement and how to improve my shoulder rotation, but I still struggled a lot. You'd think that because with backstroke being the only stroke with your face out of the water, you'd be able to breathe easier. Wrong! You kick so hard and so furiously, that it wears you out. I practically crawled out of the pool today as we logged a bunch of sets with and without fins, working on our technique. Still not a ton of distance, but more than the past few classes.

Total distance: 1,100 yards swimming

No comments:

Post a Comment