Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Week 6 report

Huzzah! I'm officially halfway there. Only six more weeks to go and I'm back on track after a rough Week 5.

I hit the ground running to start the week, going to the gym for four straight days. During the first few weeks, I was averaging about 2.5 to 3 hours of cardio per week. This week, I did well over four hours in addition to the normal weight training. On top of that, I started a new mini challenge to work into my over-arching 12-week challenge. I'm trying to do 100 push-ups every day. I'm going to do it for a full two weeks, hopefully knocking out a total of 1,400 push-ups before starting my swim class. We'll see if my shoulder agrees.
My 100 push-ups per day challenge is in full swing (Day 3 actually)
In the nutrition department, I had a very good week. I did slip up once (as I seem to do every week), but I had big enough calorie deficiencies on a daily basis to more than make up for it. Oh, and I only consumed 33 percent calories from fat this week, too, which is the lowest I've managed so far. Another huzzah!

Stepping on the scale this morning was odd. I was incredibly nervous, which is never the case. Maybe it was because this is the halfway point and because last week's weigh-in was a little bit disappointing. Regardless, I felt like one of those Biggest Loser contestants and I was legitimately scared. A huge sigh of relief came over me, though, when I saw 170.6 flash across the scale. That's a loss of 1.7 pounds this week, way more than I needed. That's a total loss of 8.6 pounds in six weeks, an average of 1.43 per week. I'm definitely way ahead of pace, which is good, because the fat is only going to get harder to shed in the final weeks.

I only have 5.6 pounds to go before I reach my 12-week goal, but hitting that mark will be tough, considering in the coming weeks, my weight training is going to intensify, which may counter the weight loss, although I'll certainly be chipping away at my body fat percentage.

Till next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment